Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for the help last time... expanding the quiver advice
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If you're talking about the mounting disc, Forum and Burton uses virtually the same disc. Same hinged design. After all, Burton does own Forum and Forum gets some parts directly from Burton like their ratchets.
That's only partly true. Yes, they both use a similar mounting disc design (hinged, but not the same way) with the big difference that the forum disc is considerably bigger and consists of two parts. The toe and heel parts of the binding do not lift. I've got both bindings right here and can take a picture if you want. The lift is a big issue with the Malavitas which has been documented in this forum a few times. Some people don't care but it annoyed me a lot.

I'm aware that Burton owns Forum and I know that the Shaka is supposed to be Forum's Malavita but the bindings don't feel like they were developed in the same lab. For example, the Shaka has an aluminium heel cup which is actually customizable. Both isn't the case with the Malavitas.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote