Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Gear Sale Tactics/strategies?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
bntran02

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Wow I'm getting behind the times... Didn't know about the google option.

Just got my girlfriend some Burton Scribes (non-EST) for $130 CDN (40% off) from thinkEmpire...

I find it's always a toss up between waiting for great prices and having very limited availability. If you really really want something it might be worth paying more than seeing it gone completely.
Glad I could help! When doing it the way I do you have to keep track of availability. That usually involves some manual checking by clicking on every place that claims to have the exact product that you want. Sometimes they will show availability during selection and other websites require you to add it to cart. I just try to add like 100 and what actually gets added will be the number available. (Be sure to also remove it from the card or it will no longer be available for others to buy). When the total number of product available drops below a certain number, say 3, then I click buy. That 3 could have been from 3 different websites or all from the same website.

Doing it this way ensures you'll get the lowest price for a product without loosing out on the exact product that you are looking for

PS. When using spadout be sure to click "View All Retailers" near the bottom of the list. I don't know why they need to hide a bunch.

Last edited by bntran02; 05-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.
bntran02 is offline   Reply With Quote