Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mount Hood, Oregon Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Cool Mount Hood, Oregon Trip

After 7 hours in two planes we finally got to Portland on time and whats even better "Delta didn't loose our boards, like last time". Men what a long trip it really makes you think if it's really worth it, lol joking. The day was excellent, nice clear skies and made a great day for site seeing. We drove to multnomah falls and attempted to climb the mile long hike, but unfortunately my out of shape fat ass gave up mid way, so we never got to get some pictures from the top. I thought I was going to die, and the hike is not even that steep "what a shame".

Later on we drove to the hotel in Welches, got settled and then we headed up to Timberline Lodge to check it out. Men they have so much snow is unbelievable. I can't wait to get some ridding tomorrow. It amazing how it's so hot down here in Welches, but once you get to timberline the wind really blows cold.

I was very impresed with Salt Lake City (well from what I saw from the air and the airport), the city looks great surrounded by mountains in both sides. The amount of snow in the mountains was much more than the one in the rockies, I guess thats because of the extra 200" that they get a year.

Cool picture with another plane above. Entering the rockies

Colorado Rockies.

Salt Lake city from the Air

SAlt Lake City airport

Mount Hood, north side.

Multnomah Falls.