Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #144 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
For those of you who are just getting back into this, do you guys find that carb cravings is an issue? I just started working out intensely about a month and a half ago, and I will literally tear the kitchen apart looking for carbs to eat. We don't usually keep bread in the house because I find that it's too heavy to eat before a work out, even if I wait an hour or so to digest, which sucks because when those carb cravings hit, it gets ridiculously uncomfortable.
If you're gonna eat carbs, straight after a tough workout is the time to do it. More so than any other time. Yup protein (can be shake) is the go but I don't think carbs are totally the enemy post workout. You're body will use em much more efficiently straight after tearing down some muscle tissue. People even believe straight sugar is good at that time.

There's articles out there that i've read but it's been a while so can't provide links because I'm lazy
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote