Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you call a backflip + 360 ?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
With extra cheese.
CheeseForSteeze's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Off axis rotation. Not a flip, not flat. And by off-axis, it is implied that the "axis" is an orthogonal set perpendicular in one dimension and parallel in the other to the direction of gravity.

Edit, that's not really clear I guess. Basically, a spin where you rotating not around your waist or over your head. The least corked spins literally look like a corkscrew ... imagine spinning around through the air and creating a helix with your shoulders. Corks have become so "corked" that they sometimes are closer to like an underflip but are still off-axis.

Last edited by CheeseForSteeze; 05-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.
CheeseForSteeze is offline  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome