Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: May 6, Lake Louise
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron X View Post
I agree. Went to mammoth this weekend and it's really bare. When you go up to the top you see all the brown and that half the mountain is closed. You know it's bad when they have signs out that say not enough snow cover on runs that are open.
Yeah it's funny how the weather goes, many resorts in my area had record years for snowfall. Slow start but a strong March and April. Lake Louise is open for one more weekend and they're predicting another few inches of snow late this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubzobot View Post
Too funny I spent 60% of the day today on summit. As stated previously it was AMAZING, I loved the whole vibe of everyone there, it just felt kind of celebratory and like everyone was just hanging out. By the afternoon it was pretty slushy and my friend and I just messed around in the trees and gapping grass spots. We would then head to the park and eventually huck our first 270's, and 540s. Not a bad way to end the season.
Cool! I was on the summit around 11-1 or so doing laps... The vibe was great, one of the best days of snowboarding I've had even with the icy mid mountain and slushy lower. I really wanted to try the airbag but the GF was getting ansy to get going. Did you head off the back side of summit? I've never been in those chutes before and can honestly say it's probably the steepest continuous terrain I've ever been on. The snow was great though! I did see some avy runout spots off the paradise chair, not sure if they bombed or if they happened mid week when no one was there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Beautiful! My god that severe clear blue sky looks so damn good!. I also see so many split boarding lines. Chief of which is this one:
Bluebird baby!!! lol There are slopes all over that I look at and say to myself that if I could just get a heli or splitboard up I'd love to try it. Great lines all over the place!

Cheers
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote