Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Proper boot fit - what does "good fit" mean?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
PNWRider

So I had the K2 Maysis size 9 heat moulded, which created some more room and the boot felt really good around the house. But on the mountain the other day, omg, my feet burned so bad I wannted to plunge them into the snow. Also, I guess feet swell a bit because while walking, my big toe was crushed against the front of the boot, which didn't happen at home. At least whith my knees flexed, my heel would get pulled back and my toe would have some room.

I'm not sure how normal moderate-to-severe foot pain is when trying new boots on the mountain for the first time.

Could it be a break-in issue? The boots are perfectly comfortable when I wore them around the house all day.

I also have custom orthotics in there and in my athletic shoes, new custom orthotics cause a bit of foot pain for the first week, but nothing intolerable like this.

I played with the BOA dials and the binding tightness which helped somewhat but not a huge amount. This was frustrating because I finally managed to link turns on some easy blues with confidence but my stupid feet became the showstopper
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote