Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Proper boot fit - what does "good fit" mean?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
PNWRider

Thanks for the reply Lernr. Actually, I got the insane burning on a green run (first one of the day), but I just realized that I was challenging myself there too; I was trying to keep up with my fiance and didnt take the usual rest break every three-four turns that I normally do. When linking on the blue, it was actually not too bad because I got into a rythm of alternating between heel and toe.

Yep, they used the fat toe cap. Weirdly, the right boot felt *tighter* after cooking then before and they punched out the toe part a bit. The guy said he didn't want to be too aggressive on the punch because the boot will still pack in a bit, even after cooking. I suspect the brand new boots, combined with the custom orthotics, combined with me still tippy-toeing automatically, rather than consciously driving my knees towards the snow were the casuses, but the level of pain was so high that I had half a mind to go back to the bar and quit learning to ride I did go back to the bar, but after a couple of drinks, got back on the snow so I'll pat myself for that.

We went to Whistler-Blackcomb. Above the gondola level, the snow is still very wintery; not spring conditions yet.
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote