Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings which allow my feet to move
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

The problem with the Contrabands is that that front strap goes over your big toe in the front, and the INSIDE of your foot in the binding. There are probably problems with putting the strap on the outside, but with the strap on the inside, there is nothing besides the ankle strap (which it does not do, nor is it designed to do) to hold the entire outside edge of your sole down. In heavy pow on a cambered board when you are leaning back, not only are conditions ripe, but you lift your foot and allow snow in there. Same thing can happen buttering.

Snow builds up in there till it gets as tall as the little triangle on the outside of your foot, then pops out, the entire process is very uncomfortable. Even if you aren't doing these things, on a real mountain in real conditions, riding all day, snow will build up in there, especially the front foot if you like to ride more than 2 runs without taking your board off.

I know some people like them, I sold em to a kid who was on his 3rd or 4th pair and he was stoked.

They would be great urban bindings for stair running, where you are taking them off constantly.