Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - One binding, two boards
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Default One binding, two boards

Looks like I may start a quiver this year, so I'm hoping to have a binding that is versatile enough for both boards.

The first board is a 150 westmark (I'm 145). I came across a ridiculously cheap deal so I Jumped (sorry cheezeforsteeze I had my eye on your board for later in the year!). The second board I'm not so sure. Something more big mountain but still playful. The westie will be for my local mountain (Bear/Summit) where no board is too small. You can get bored of these mountains fast if all you do is ride down.

The second board will be for my trips each year. Colorado, Utah, mammoth/tahoe. Maybe even the PNW this year. We usually go on two trips a year. I'm leaning towards an NS Cobra 153 here. I had an SL before, love the NS dampening and smoothness. Good for my knees too.

So, I want one binding that can split double duties. Not ideal I know. But when I travel I'll just be bringing one binding and both boards. I've had both Malavitas and Blackhawks and liked both. The malavitas had great adjustability and I was able to center my boots nicely, locked my boots in well. Blackhawks were great too, ratchets were like butter. Screws were a little short though so they came loose so I'll have to check that out. The Phantoms have the airbags though, and the blackhawks dampening wasn't where I wanted it to be.

So I've narrowed down to:

Malavitas, Cartels (restricted), or the 2013 Phantoms. First two I can get now, second one obviously not until next year. I think they have a new strap on them which is also asym.

Which of the 3,or will all 3 work nicely? I'm leaning: Phantoms/Malviita/Cartel Restricted, in order.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote