Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mount Hood, Oregon Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Thumbs up 2nd Day

Our first day riding was a blast, conditions in the lower half of Timberline were on the sticky side but as long as you rode the Magic mile you were good to go. We meet with Snowolf at the hotel and drove up from here, first of all I have to thank him for all the help he has provided us in this trip. Great guy, if any of you ever want to hit hood, Snow is the person to give a call. He took us out of bounds, in what turned out to be some of the best runs that we did all day and pointed out plenty of useful information about Mt.hood and the surrounding areas.

Timberline has some great terrain in the lower half of the mountain, if only it was not that sticky. But over all the resort offers terrain for everyone and crowds that can not be beaten, I think I saw about 100 people skiing/riding total, no lift lines at all . It's a pity that Palmer was not running considering conditions were good enough for it to run, but mile offered some great terrain to explore.

Thats Daniel up on top of Mile, we rode out of bounds to see the canyon.

thats the canyon, I Forgot the name. It had this huge cornices just waiting to fall off.

Looking up the canyon.

Thats looking at the top of hood, you can see 3 little dots next to the right of the center peak (they are 3 hickers, pretty scary) The were howling pretty hard up on top the magic mile ride.

Thats looking down at the Lodge, men that thing is buried by the snow around it.

Overall it was a great experience, Timberline is a solid resort and I bet with good conditions the lower half should offer some great glade runs. Tomorrow should be cooler so conditions are expected to be better, plus Snowolf was nice enough to give our boards a fresh coat of summer wax and that should make riding much more enjoyable.