Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Current mammoth conditions?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zombaco
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I was there this past weekend. A lot of fun still to be had there. Top to bottom is still open with limited terrain, the current hours are 730am to 2pm. The gondola will be open on the weekend, but is closed during the week. The park is pretty sparse- one jump with two different lips for bigger and small air and there are still a few boxes and rails. Half pipe is dirt. I lapped the upper half of the mountain most of the day. The top runs are spring corn snow and get pushed into mogul piles of slush by noon, but still easy enough to ride through, turn on or jump off. Some areas of some runs have some pretty thin coverage, and the lower half that's open gets pretty sticky as the day goes on. A warm temp wax is definitely worth it. The crew is pushing snow around to the ridable areas and are salting / grooming everyday. It was high 50s on top during the day and low/mid 60s mid to lower mountain. Chance of snow showers in the extended forecast on fri.

I'm probably headed back this weekend (last day open is Memorial Day), if you go lemme know if you want to meet up for some turns.
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote