Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - best rappppers to snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
I find these threads very humorous. People from around the nation have a completely different view on rap based on their location. Most people outside of the South think southern rap is terrible. They don't understand the culture and the way you listen to it. It is all about the deep bass down south. You feel the music instead of listen to it. I am partial to it since that is what I grew up listening to it. West coast and east coast rap is terrible in my mind but we all have our own opinions.
The South created Miami Bass in the 80's and then Crunk in the early 2000's and Snap after that. I can't believe such terrible artists have come from the same region that also produced MC's like UGK (RIP Pimp C), Three 6, TI, Ludacris, 8Ball & MJG ... TI in particular is one of my favorites. He has huge diverse flow, an interesting choice of vocabulary, and one of the best deliveries in the game.

Here are two of my favs to cruise and listen to:

Growing up in the Midwest pretty much listened to those machine gun style rappers, Bone Thugz, Tech N9ne (I'm from KC), D-loc & Dalima, Twista etc. But I've grown fond of East Coast over the years. Nothing can top old school Wu-Tang (36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx) and Nas, IMO, is the best MC to ever breathe on the mic. I have a tat with Nas lyrics on them.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote