Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Post: Becoming an Instructor
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
bkozzz

Default First Post: Becoming an Instructor

Hello everyone, bit of a lurker here, had a few questions I wanted to get some feedback on. I am a 19 year old kid who currently works a decent summer job in the midwest. However, I do not want to continue doing this for years to come. Obviously as this is a Snowboard forum, I am highly interested in the sport. I am a very good rider, though I still have much to improve on.

Anyways, I've been thinking for some time that I want to turn my passion into something I can do for a while. I've seen the posts about the pros and cons of instructing, from someone like Snowolf who has a well informed opinion. Assuming I have enough saved up to live on my own in an area like Breckenridge, CO what can I do to make this happen? I have been to the area many times and love it. Would you say this is a complete mistake? I dont want to live thinking about what I could have done, or anything like that. So basically I am wondering what my first steps to accomplish this would be and some general advice.
bkozzz is offline   Reply With Quote