Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - the 2013 Burton Genesis ReFlex Bindings...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
604al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
No changes at all. I personally prefer the winged version of the Malavitas just because I think it's more comfortable haha.

Malavitas will only be slightly softer than the Cartels in the highbacks.
I think the baseplate has been changed in the 13 Malavitas and are like the Genesis ones... you can see coring in the heelcup for 2013.

And the Malavita baseplate is DEFINITELY softer than the Cartel one... the Genesis baseplate also seems stiffer than the 2012 Malavita one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i predict many broken heelcups and highbacks for riders 170lbs+ on these bindings, just from looking at that first pic. just sayin'...

- a happy 2012 diode owner
I'm 190 pounds and about 10 days on the Genesis so far with no issues,and bailing is half my game. Only thing that seems sketchy is the flimsy highback, which I dont see how a heavier rider could break. I could see one possibly breaking if you somehow snagged your pant leg in-between the two highbacks and yanked hard, but with Burton's amazing customer service I dont see that as a concern.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote