Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - the 2013 Burton Genesis ReFlex Bindings...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604al View Post
I think the baseplate has been changed in the 13 Malavitas and are like the Genesis ones... you can see coring in the heelcup for 2013.

And the Malavita baseplate is DEFINITELY softer than the Cartel one... the Genesis baseplate also seems stiffer than the 2012 Malavita one.

I'm 190 pounds and about 10 days on the Genesis so far with no issues,and bailing is half my game. Only thing that seems sketchy is the flimsy highback, which I dont see how a heavier rider could break. I could see one possibly breaking if you somehow snagged your pant leg in-between the two highbacks and yanked hard, but with Burton's amazing customer service I dont see that as a concern.
do you hit 40 ft jumps? or drop 30 ft cliffs? not to sound dickish (cuz that kinda does... stAN DARSH! ) but at 190 there are alot of bindings you could break doing shit like that.... and yea those heelcups are seriously cored out. super cereal. jus sayin
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote