Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The BIG purchase
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

I have wide flat feet caused by having a duck for a father, but that's another story...my 32's fit fucking awesome. You really do need to try on boots, even if you say you can't, understand that you are effectively shooting in the dark. If ordering online find somewhere with a localish distributor so u can return.

The board, w/e there are so many to choose from, I'm sure that Attack Banana will work fine, as long as you get something middle of the road flexwise with some rocker in it (for that Japan pow).

Bindings, my limited experience is with Ride and K2. The Rides I had were just not the right model for me, but I was able to experience some rockstar customer service from them (broke a ratchet spring mid-season during an epic season, had 4 ratchets and 4 ladders in my mailbox within the week). My K2 Uprises this year were fairly comfortable and damp, but small parts seem to want to disappear off them, and I cannot squeeze any customer service out of them whatsoever. I got a reply once but it was not followed by any helpful reality, so yea. Continuing to research bindings, the top of my shortlist are Raiden Machine or Blackhawk, or some Romes, both of which are very well represented here on these forums. Flux's are too but do not have the dampening and canting I desire.

Have fun! Gear shopping fucking rules!