Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Indiana codifies shooting LEO's who commit unlawful entry
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
While on the surface this seems nutty, it is also true that cops have really overstepped the boundaries when it comes to this kind of thing. The militarization of civilian police is worrisome and today cops use tactics similar to the way the Marines kick in doors and "clear" houses of "terrorists" in Iraq. While I don`t support cop killers, I do think this law protects people who fight back against police abuse. If someone is kicking my door in at 3:00 AM I am going to be shooting first and asking questions later. If it happens to be a cop, oh well. Maybe they need to go back to the way they did things in the "old days" and identify themselves as the police.
This.

I go back and forth between the increasing militarization of cops and the social conservative movement for what is the most alarming threat against American liberties.