Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Could you help a beginner out? I'm looking for a board that I won't outgrow.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Daggs

Default Could you help a beginner out? I'm looking for a board that I won't outgrow.

Hey. I've been snowboarding about six times (in Breckenridge and the Poconos) and I really love it. I've reached the point where I'm not falling anymore (in addition to linking turns and such). That being said, I would love to buy my own board by the end of this winter, maybe after renting some more, but I hardly know where to start. I'm 15, 150 lbs., 5'10". Ideally, I would like a board that I could learn on so I don't have to run out and buy a new board after a year. But what I don't understand is what makes a board "made for beginners", other than flex (which, as I understand it, should be <5 for someone just starting out). I would like a board that is nice/good quality and wouldn't be detrimental to someone still learning. By the way, 99% of riding will be in the Poconos - which is infamous for its ice, if that makes a difference as to what board I should get. Any questions? Just ask.
Daggs is offline   Reply With Quote