Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Could you help a beginner out? I'm looking for a board that I won't outgrow.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggs View Post
An bindings? Some say go with flexible ones as a beginner, others say go stiffer... Your take?
Get something middle-of the-road in terms of flex as well as pricing, e.g., Burton Missions (Cartels if you want to splurge), Rome 390s, maybe the Flux TT30s, etc. Lots of choices, most of them perfectly suitable for most purposes (I know a competitive rider and instructor who still has Burton Custom bindings on one of this boards).

Over time you will discover more about your riding style and what it important to you (response, shock absorption, canting, adjustability, etc.) - at that point you can get something more specialized and suited to your preferences. And the older bindings can become your back-up or can go onto another board.
Or you might choose to modify what you have - there are lots of people with Frankenbindings.

Whatever you do, make sure that your bindings match your boots in size and fit. Some bindings come in three sizes (S/M/L) others only in two (S-M and L-XL). Many people in the 'cross-over range' between bindings sizes tend to go with the larger size (for easier entry, etc.), which is ok as long as the gap between the sides of the boot and the 'frame' of the binding is not too big.

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-30-2012 at 03:40 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote