Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #910 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Ahh I see now One of my favorite trucks is the "Taco" they used in Top Gear to go to the North Pole
That's actually a hilux which is closely related to our North American "taco's" lol I wish we got that here, I love that truck! They did modify it to help it get to the north pole. But nevertheless it was the first motorized vehicle to make it there!

Oh yeah, just to further muddy the waters, some Toyota guys talk in chassis codes instead.

AE86 = late 80's Corolla GTS (rwd)
FJ = Landcrusiers (specifically with gasoline engines as technically the diesel engined landcruisers are BJs)
RA/TA20's = 70's Celicas

Toyota actually used that cult naming convention to name a few of the newer vehicles. The FJ Cruiser was named because it was designed to look like the FJ40's. Although it's actual chassis code is GSJ10 or GSJ15. The new Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86, and Scion FRS was designed with the AE86 in mind. The car that basically started the drifting movement. Although the chassis code for the 86 is really something like AS1 or something.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote