Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

My wife and I went for a hike on Seymour on the weekend. We went up Manning run to the top of Mystery, and got a good look at the work that's being done for the new quad chair.

First, I can't be positive, but it sure looks like they're taking the time to do some reshaping on the Manning run. They seem to be filling in the first flat spot (where the Brockton exit meets the Manning run) and they may even be filing down the uphill part of the Brockton exit. They are also widening the gap on Manning where it starts to go downhill again. I'm actually a little pissed about that because the sides of the run right there were great for riding up.

They've also pretty much totally flattened the top of Mystery around where the old lift off-ramp was. the new terminus is a little sooner than the old one I think, which (with the flattening) means you have a huge and gentle offloading area, both left and right.

The new lift will follow pretty much the same line as the old one, but the towers will be in different places. In particular there won't be one right in the middle of the Northlands run where it crosses the lift path.

Anyway, seems to be proceeding. I guess they have to really get it done by the end of October, which is when it generally starts snowing.

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote