Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Turn & back foot issue on RC board
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
MariaSnow

female Turn & back foot issue on RC board

Hi Guys!
I need some help. I have been riding for 5 seasons, I bought my first board and bingdings (I was donde renting). I love my new board with the RC system, which I feel gives me more stability but I'm finding the following problems (I did not have before on other boards):

1) When I ride facing the mountain my back foot slides a little.

2) Issue on skidded turn: I'm having trouble to initiate my back to front turn. I feel that my front foot is not responding to initiate the turn. Once I get to turn, it's a very fast and aggresive turn, it doesn't feel like 100% control.

How I'm doing the turn: I step on my front foot and lean my weight a bit to the front. The nose takes longer then other boards to find this vertical fall position so I can complete the turn (that's where I'm picking up speed). My back foot doesn't change side so easily.

I'm hoping getting a correct setup for the board plus some body position/movements recommendations will help me adapt to this new board. I'm riding right now, since I'm on the southern hemisphere, so I can try all your suggestions!

Specs:
Weight: 123 lbs (56kg)
Height: 5'7" (1.70m)
Binding angles: 15/-15
My board: GNU B-Nice 148cm (full rocker plus magnetraction)
Bindings: Burton Lexa

I'll look forward for your recommendations,
xoxo
MariaSnow is offline   Reply With Quote