Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Texas style BBQ fucking sucks shit
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
I will never eat that sugar-slathered bullshit again. From now on when I see a Texas style BBQ cart I'm just going to clown the fuck out of them.

For me, NC style and Memphis style are pretty much it. BBQ sauce should be predominately vinegar in taste - tangy and spicy, NOT fruitloops sweet.

And ribs should be pork. Not beef.

Fuck Texas.
This sounds like you didn't have Texas Style BBQ.

Well there are four types of Texas BBQ. My favorite is Lockhart style and there is no bbq sauce at all.

A lot of people make BBQ with no distinct style and just slap Texas style, KC style, etc. on it just to make sales.

What you describe is KC style with sugar sweet BBQ sauce all over it (sucks and that's the one style I don't like).

Texas style is legit. Brisket, german sausage, etc. Despite the bullshit you hear, you can get pork in Texas BBQ. Brisket is the shit. it's like saying you don't like steak. Who doesn't like steak?

Lockhart style BBQ is legit, isn't sweet at all, and you don't use sauce. Meat, smoke and some salt based rubs.

KC Style fucking sucks. Sweet.

If I do use sauces, it's usually vinegar based but not the plain vinegar sauces of East NC (those are good on pulled pork). The red sauces of West NC. Those are my favorite as their not too sweet, tangy etc.

Last edited by jdang307; 07-04-2012 at 06:24 PM.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote