Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some secrets to learning snowboarding that I wish I knew when I was a beginner
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
SnowMotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory View Post
Hey,

Am a bit confused when you say travel towards your nose? So when your on toe or heel you should still be going straight down the mountain and not leafing ???
If you are on your toe or heel edge your nose will be pointing across the hill not downhill.You will still be crossing the trail between each turn. Leafing is when you stay on one edge crossing back and forth never letting your nose point down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Falling leaf has a place, not in a lesson, but its not always a bad thing. I started doing falling leaf toeside and heelside.

By lunch on day 1 I was linking turns on green runs without hardly falling. Day 2 I was negotiating blues and some ungroomed blue pistes with 2 feet of powder.

Certainly doing falling leaf for too long is counter productive, but I think it helped me to grasp the feel and balance of being on either edge before linking turns.
You are a lucky one to move past the leaf so quickly and not pick up bad habits. Leafing becomes a crutch to many riders.
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote