Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on building rail?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

I've had arguments with a friend of mine about pre drilling. He seems to think the size of the pre drilled holes doesn't matter.
If the hole is smaller than the threads of the screw, you could put your finger in between the two pieces of wood screw in the screw & it WON'T squish your finger.
If it slides freely through the pre drilled hole, your finger will pop like a grape.

I had to do the Pepsi challenge with him, just to prove it.
I put my finger in his way & he put his finger in my way.
If anyone ever disagrees. Trust me when I say, the Pepsi challenge will make them a believer!

Your welcome for the heads up.
Isn't that the wickedest deal ever! Just the Tech shop coupons alone are worth $1,200 bucks.
Then there are the other ones, the 20% off even already on sale stuff isn't too bad.

I was trading the hot wax ones during the winter for lift tickets on Craigslist. Sold a whole bunch of bike/board tune ups on Craigs for ten bucks a piece.
Then you get a ridiculous amount of free ice skate sharpenings, 120 of them.
I sent an email to a few diff adds on Craigs for guys looking for hockey players, figured rather than trying to get a single person to buy them, I would go after the whole team. One guy bought 4 cards of the skate sharps @ $5 a card & a diff guy bought 6 @ $5.

I've brought 3 of my boards in there for the full meal deal, base gr/edges/hand wax(get the hand wax it's better)
& every time I'm in there I end up just giving out other coupons to the people in front & behind me in the line.
It's just a nice thing to do. They get stoked & it's good karma.

Tell every one you know, as far as I know your the only person that was paying attention & got them.
Well.. The only person to thank me anyway, so I'm assuming your the only person to get them.
Not a single person responded to the west coast thread I posted.
I'm on my second batch, had some sent to my girlfriends house.

I think I'll be getting a few more too!

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote