Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some secrets to learning snowboarding that I wish I knew when I was a beginner
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
dkzach

Falling leaf only teaches you to fear going fast. I learned to snowboard that way my first lesson but quickly was like wtf am I doing so I set goals to go faster and faster " mainly to beat my friends at races" but eventually carving just came naturally. The best way to teach someone for real is just throw them straight into carving and not giving them the option to only ride heel side.

My brother rides like that and it pisses me off so much... And it also make him not want to snowboard because he is petrified of going on his toe side and is slower than everyone else. He is 11 and has boarded since he was 7 but does the same stupid heel side rotation between regular and goofy. And you guys are right he can't deside if he is regular or goofy Iv seen him skate board regular one day and goofy the next " he's not very good" anyone have any tips on teaching him to carve he is a really stobern kid... I feel at times there's no hope for him....

And we tryed putting him in private lessons but now he feels exculed from the fam and refuses to have lessons. And when we try teaching him he just gets really frustrated.
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote