Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What to buy: 2012 T. Rice Limited Edition, 2013 NS Proto CT or Cobra?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fruman

Question What to buy: 2012 T. Rice Limited Edition, 2013 NS Proto CT or Cobra?

I've spent quite some time the past week or so researching about which snowboard I want to buy for the next season. I'm from Colorado, so I've been riding big mountain all my life and I'd say I'm an expert. I've always gotten hand-me-down boards from my brother or friends--currently have like an '04 Burton full cambered. I like to cruise down (powder) runs hitting natural kickers and jumps, tree runs (moderate to high amount of trees), hitting the kickers in the park, and the occasional box or rail (but not often, more of a jump guy). I'd say I'm 70/30 big mountain/park.

I can't find any 2012 Proto CT's out there still for sale, so I'll have to pay full price for the 2013 Proto or the Cobra. I can find a 2012 T. Rice Art of Flight Limited Edition board for $200 less than what I'd have to pay for the 2013 NS boards. I love the graphics of the T. Rice Art of Flight more than any other board I've been looking at--I'd like to have graphics I'd enjoy looking at spending this much for a board. But I can't decide if I'd like a little bit softer board than the T. Rice (7 flex rating). I'm also considering the 2012 NS Heritage if I can find one. I LOVE the black base with the Colorado flag (represent!).

I'm 5' 8" and 160 lbs with a size 9 boot. I'd like a 152-154 cm board.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.
Fruman is offline   Reply With Quote