Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Planning Heli-Boarding next year - Gear Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
Whitey161

I got a custome package back today from a company i have been speaking to so i thought i would share to get feedback:

Dates 25th February – 4th March – 7 nights only.

Monday 25th Feb – Depart Heathrow 13.00 – arrive Calgary 15.20.

Collect SUV – on the road by 4.20 pm. 3 hour drive from Calgary to Golden.

Spend first night in Golden, Ramada, standard room with 2 queen beds. Driving from Calgary to Revelstoke is not an realistic option after a 9 hour flight, hence the stay in Golden which is only 2 hours from Revelstoke, and seeing as you cross a time line on the way from Golden to Reve you get an extra hour back..

Tuesday 26th Feb - Next morning leave early from Golden and drive to Revelstoke.

Ski/Snowboard for the day, check in with Revelstoke Outdoor Centre, 4 pm drive to Revelstoke town, check into Sandman Hotel. Standard room 2 queen beds. You have 5 nights here. I’d recommend an early night as you have 4 huge days coming up.

Wednesday 27th Feb – Saturday 2nd Mar. Ultimate ROC Pack 4 day experience.

ROC Schedule
• Day 1 - Cat/Heli Prep - Full Day session with a Snow Pro from the Revelstoke Outdoors Centre and lunch at the Rockford wok|bar|grill. – Wednesday

• Day 2 - Cat Skiing at Revelstoke Mountain Resort - Includes unlimited vertical, equipment rentals, on-slope lunch, and après ski appetizers. – Thursday

• Day 3 - Day Heli Skiing, Powder Excursion with Selkirk Tangiers - Includes three runs, equipment rentals, buffet breakfast, on-slope lunch, and après ski appetizers. – Friday

• Day 4 - Day Tour in the Backcountry of Revelstoke - Includes Guiding Services and a Backcountry Lift Ticket. Equipment Rentals are available through the RMR Rental Shop. - Saturday

Sunday 3rd Mar – Ski/snowboard Revelstoke (or Kicking Horse is also possible) – 3 to 4 pm – Drive to Golden. Spend last night in Sandman Inn. Standard room 2 queen beds.

Monday 4th Mar – Depart Golden, drive to Calgary, you would have enough time for a nice lunch in Banff or along the way somewhere, maybe Lake Louise also.. Check in is open at 16.05. Flight departs at 19.05 arriving into Heathrow at 11.00 following morning.

How does that sound to people, looks good to me if not a little rushed, im tempted to try and add an extra day either side. Price for this is £2285...

Thanks
Whitey161 is offline   Reply With Quote