Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Planning Heli-Boarding next year - Gear Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #44 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Looks like a good trip though the Heli runs seems a bit light. 3 runs? Most heli outfits offer at least five and the option to purchase additional drops. I know the vertical is huge at Revelstoke resort. Over 4k (vertical feet) top to bottom. So if you are getting heli drops in that range, say with at least 3k vert, than that is not bad at all. I am really unsure of what type of average vertical they have access to, but I am sort of thinking it's probably not that big. Then again, it could be. Either way, I'd pad a little extra money to buy a drop or two.

Doing a backcountry tour at the end of your trip sounds a little brutal. This also depends on what type of tour. If you are going to need a splitboard to get out there, could be a little tough after your previous two days. If it's just a lift assisted boot pack to your drop and an easy ride back to the lifts, then maybe not. I think I would prefer to do that one first, but these guys have been running this tour, not me. Maybe it just works better in this format. If you are doing a lot of hiking or skinning, your legs could be burnt after this day, so it could be a great way to finish your trip.

Overall, looks like a lot of fun. Canada is a great place. I need to schedule a backcountry riding trip on Rogers Pass at some point in the next year or two.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote