Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
DrnknZag
Veteran Member

What's you price range? If you're searching for a TRUE technical shell, get ready to shell out big bucks.

I've owned the AK Cyclic & AK Stagger jackets. The Stagger isn't insulated, but it does have a thermally reflective liner. Good jacket, I wore one two seasons ago but got rid of it because the arm's weren't long enough for me. The Cyclic is pretty similar to the Stagger, but without any frills. Just a stripped down Gore shell. Not many pockets on the Cyclic though. Also one thing to note is none of Burton's jackets have wrist gaiters.

My favorite technical Gore shell right now is the Oakley Choice. Super lightweight, Goretex Pro Shell laminate, longer cut, but still has a technical fit, not a lot of pockets (I don't like too many pockets), and has Oakley's pants to jacket interface. I have the old non-Goretex version of the jacket and love it (Oakley Primed). I highly recommend it if you can afford it.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote