Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New look to the site!

7K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  ETM 
#1 ·
We upgraded the look to the site recently. With the help of the staff testing the new additions we where able to make this go live today. If you notice anything wrong or any bugs when trying to use the site please let me know via pm. We tested as much as we could but it there is always things we will miss.

Hope you guys like it.

#10 ·
Do the points really matter considering they are part of an unused system? Unless the functionality of the point system is revived, i'd say leave keep it broken and we will have 20 less people making threads about "What do the points do?" :laugh:

So far I like the design, a little bit flashier but not too much, the old one was very bland.

#17 ·
plus one for too bright.

Overall it looks cleaner but we need a little more contrast.

As for points I don't see the need, unless you get a sticker at XXX points or something.

Number of posts and join date lets you know more or less how active a member someone is .

#19 ·
I like that the new layout streches with the widescreen monitor better. I do not like how bright it is though. Hopefully there will be some kind of option for a darker skin sooner rather than later. :)

#23 · (Edited)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?

The site looks....different.

I like it. Love the new way the different boards are set up. It's very similar to the other forums i'm on, so very very easy to navigate. TOO BRIGHT. The stickies also don't need to be bright red either...We get it, they are stickied, but dam the titles are SO dam bright and distracting. Simply seperating them into the top section is enough.

#25 ·
Please make the snowboardingforum banner default to the Forum page rather than the Home page.

Does anyone even ever use their home page? I hate that thing.

The banner looks good, the snowboarding logo does not. It's like a cool new banner with some old school logo on top. Looks tacky.

Also, I also think the brightness should be toned down a few shades. Maybe just a shade lighter than the old layout.

Well, there's my input.

#36 ·
Agreed.
1. Main Gripe: When ya'll redid this a few years back, with the main page having the recent posts, I could click the banner and go to the main page with all the thread categories. As Leo stated, please make the banner default to the Forum Page, rather than the home page.....which is funny, because if you click on Home in the two top banners, they take you to two different home pages.

2. A bit too Bright.

3. Whatever on the points. Though I was entertained by the fact that I had over a thousand posts but over 1500 in negative points. I'm not that negative on here. I mean, if we were giving negative points for negative comments, then BA should have like negative infinity!

Please make the snowboardingforum banner default to the Forum page rather than the Home page.

Does anyone even ever use their home page? I hate that thing.

Also, I also think the brightness should be toned down a few shades. Maybe just a shade lighter than the old layout.

Well, there's my input.

#26 ·
Also and I dont think this is an actual change but is never the less irritating. When you click on a thread, it should take you to the LAST page or most recent posts. It takes you to page 1 and then you have to click last to get to the new post.
On the thread listing page in the "Last Post" column, to the right of the posters name, there is a button/box graphic with a ">" in it. If you click on that it takes you to the last post. It's not as easy as clicking on the thread link, but it's quicker than the other way.

#27 ·
Banner: A candy-flipping snowboarder at Christmas? Is his apres action going to be ice skating? Where are the doves? Maybe a disco ball?

I'm perfectly content with the lack of points. I have over a thousand posts and had a very negative balance which elicits a negative connotation. It's somewhat depressing. While we're at it, my mother beat me and I wish I was a little more advanced in life. Like, I want a boat but I've still not managed to purchase one. Oh, and my dad never talks about his feelings, or (come to think of it) may never really have any feelings.

The layout is nice, but YES, can the forum please be the default rather than jumping to the homepage? If this has already been implemented, my apologies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.