Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

female

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
I'd stay away from Volcom jackets if you want a basic shell. All Volcom tech shells I've tried on have all been super heavy and very layered (not quite shell). I'm not sold on the Andover. I'm not very high on non-AK Burton outerwear for durability reasons. It looks like it's just a budget Gore jacket. It does have a lining, so it's not quite a shell either IMO. I can't find anything that says it has the pow grip (or whatever it's called), but maybe I'm wrong.
i was just going to say something like this.

any jacket with ANY type of liner at all is NOT a technical shell.

if you buy a goretex proshell jacket with a liner you are wasting your money.

you really shouldn't buy anything from a snowboard company if you want bomber gear - buy from mountaineering companies - Arc'teryx is pretty much the best. Patagonia, Mt. Hardwear, others like that are good.

just don't buy anything with a liner. they're fucking stupid, pointless, heavy, sweaty, and wet. snowboarding gear sucks shit - its all made for little kids whose parents are too stupid to not buy them new gear every season.

Volcom used to be cool when i still used to buy little kids shit, they have had every opportunity to step up to big boy shit, and they continue to churn out kiddie garbage. Fuck Volcom.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote