Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #146 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
If you're gonna eat carbs, straight after a tough workout is the time to do it. More so than any other time. Yup protein (can be shake) is the go but I don't think carbs are totally the enemy post workout. You're body will use em much more efficiently straight after tearing down some muscle tissue. People even believe straight sugar is good at that time.

There's articles out there that i've read but it's been a while so can't provide links because I'm lazy
simple sugars like starches sugar digest very fast and get into the blood in a matter of hours. Eating simples after a workout is counter productive and can add fat rather then repair muscle mass. So heres what I do to recover and suppliment leaning out. Complex carbs like sweet potatos (fiber rich carbs) digest over a longer period of time and keep your metabolism working (why fiber makes you shit) so if you mix in high amounts of proteins from whole foods it should take your body a full 8 hours to consume this energy and make it available in the blood for use. Now if you eat at 7am then its in your blood at 3pm not what you want because your body is not in repair mode. Try timing your meals so they are in the blood when you are sleeping thats when your body burns cals and uses daily nutrition for repair.