Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
What have you found is the best exercise mix for reducing BMR for moderate exercise levels?
If I trained you, My mom, my girlfriend anybody. I'd have them go by this

Cardio-Sprinting 30-50 yards, 4 times, 2-3 day a week. Walking I try to do everynight for atleast 10-20 minutes. ABSOLUTELY NEVER RUN LONG DISTANCES (JOGGING FOR DISTANCE IN A SHORTER TIME)

Strength Training- Dead lifts, Squats, Front Squats, Pull ups and Chin ups. Complex moves (uses allot of muscles) that drain the body of stored glucose in the blood. Weight and reps? I mean for me as a young guy I go straight for the gusto and lift heavy weight. But depending on a persons level of activity I scale the weight back and add more reps to build more neuromuscular tissue/overall muscle.

Diet-We all know diet plays a big part in how you achieve fat loss. However, for most people its misunderstood as to why. While you do need to watch what you eat to (creating calorie defecit). Understand that when you eat plays a bigger part in this. Why? Well if glucose is active in your blood you can exercise all you want but it wont be from Stored Fat Calories. A way a cheat? When you sleep for 7-8 hours a night your body is busy in recovery using everything you ate from the day before (burning calories while you sleep? YES) for repair. Viola! your body has now used all its glucose. So now your ready to get your body burning fat. This is when you would wanna lift,sprint or run. Now im not saying that it wont benefit you in other times but understand that after sleep every cal burned is from fat aslong as you havent ate.

Personally I wake up and sprint drink coffee black then strength train after work. Eat about 90 grams protein and 70 grams carbs on training days.

Last edited by baseline6; 07-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote