Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmidWest View Post
Like i said i feel pretty muscular (305bench, 375squat, 405 deadlift) but I do a pretty strenuous leg routine on mondays (weighted walking lunges, squats, deadlifts, leg extensions, 1 leg hacksquats), and most crossfit workouts i do involve either power cleans or body weight squats, occasionally kettlebells. by working in running i meant interval training with sprints. and youre right, i hate running it BORES ME TO DEATH. Any tips on eating? I try to eat as clean as i can at my chow hall on base, but its only open 3 times a day so eating like 6 small meals a day is really hard.
The whole 6 meals a day thing is really a bunch of BS. A study showed that your metabolism had more activity through eating 6 meals a day which is correct. The way its implied however is incorrect. Higher frequency of activity in your metabolism doesnt mean more overall calories burned through your metabolism. What does make sense is more foods in your stomach that your stomach struggles to consume (Humans body burns energy to consume energy). Eating high volumes of these foods (proteins, healthy fats mixed fiber) make more sense. This is because of how much work your body has to put it self through to consume all of it at once. So doing this just 3 times a day makes more sense, right? Also eat make it a HABIT to consume more grams of protein then carbs in your 3 meals. A good diet isnt one that just cuts out a bunch of calories, because your body is going to have a lack of energy you need to give it nutrition. What makes more sense is eating based off nutritional needs. So for example the protein rule of thumb is 1.5 grams of protein per pund of weight on training days. You can mix in amounts of fiber on training days to help revitalize muscle while you sleep. The next day though dont eat carbs because if you are doing no exzertion you dont need carbs and they just add on to the fat. Non training days eat proteins mixed with healthy fats to help make you metabolize longer but also promote muscle growth.