Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
I disagree though. I lost a little over 100 pounds from running. One thing you never want to be is malnourished. While running you want to be properly nourished. I eat a lot yes, but that is to make up for all of the calories I burn. Also 3 miles isn't running far. It is all perspective I know what that is a really short run.

I have never had to have a high carb diet based on my exercising. I do eat a fair amount of carbs, but as you said your body needs it. I know all of our bodies are different, but I think running is a great way to loose weight. Endurance running i.e. marathon running isn't as bad on your body as you think if you run properly. If you have poor form, yes you get injured. Sure I have been injured from running but it is due mainly to increasing my mileage too quickly.
again lets remember the title of the thread here-Has nothing to do with endurance based training. Im refering to what is the best way to get lean (like the title of my thread suggests). If you wanna run all day then complain why you cant see you abbs be my guest. What I do doesnt make you some muscle bound dick head. If ya disagree with me as far as whats best thats fine- but trust me I could run 10 miles everyday and lose weight just as anybody else can. Saying cardio is a more efficient way at burning fat is not true and thats a FACT. If you dont like to lift weights dont do it but dont discourage people from what you do not know is true.

give this a good read if you wanna argue about cardio vs weight training, Not what I made this thread for-[T NATION | The Cardio Conundrum

Why Cardio is Killing Your Results N8 Training Systems