Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
There's the problem then. There's no way I could put away 8 chicken breasts in a day. And I'm assuming that would be in addition to eating other shit like fruits, grains, and vegetables. How does somebody even go about getting that much food into themselves? 4 meals?

I'm not kidding either, I'd actually like to know how a normal sized 160 lb person can eat that much without being in a perpetual food coma.
When you eat your brain doesnt know that the stomach is full for a controlled period time. Look you dont have to eat on the 1.5 per pound as the minimum amount, However eating more protein as you can read will do more for you and you can from my findings eat as high as 2.5 perpound before the kidney starts to have complications from the influx of proteins.

Important point to make is that the metrics suggest that you should eat a consistent amount of protein as it is simply better for you. I use the 1.5 metric to more or less guide you on what you should aim for and how you should structiure your meal plan over a day. Now im not saying eat just 8 chicken breast but we all have smart phones right? Download a calorie counting app and learn what 4oz of meat looks like and feels like (weight). 4 oz's of lean protein is on average about 200-300 calories and yields 30-22 grams of protein.

Protein shakes are just suppliments as ive pointed out and while they help they do not do the cure. Refering back to evolution and how this has played on our metabolism how does are body find powder as a great source of protein. Im not saying they dont work but over doing it on shakes is a great way to fuck up you organs as they are not made to process powder. In fact powders sit in your organs backing up bile and putting urine in your blood. I know it because its happend to me