Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRADical View Post
Drink lots and lots of milk. A gallon of milk has 120g of protein. Plus if you drink it throughout the day, you have a much better chance of absorbing it.
Yeah and booster juice shakes are decent too. But haven them too often and you'll end up with a kidney stone like me at 28 year old!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline6 View Post
Protein shakes are just suppliments as ive pointed out and while they help they do not do the cure. Refering back to evolution and how this has played on our metabolism how does are body find powder as a great source of protein. Im not saying they dont work but over doing it on shakes is a great way to fuck up you organs as they are not made to process powder. In fact powders sit in your organs backing up bile and putting urine in your blood. I know it because its happend to me
Uhhhh, what? Are you chewing powder to get your protein?!? lol If you mix your shakes enough it should dissolve and you end up with proteins (amino acids) and some flavouring in the milk/water, there's not much fibre in a protein powder methinks. Anyway, it's a moot point cause I don't do the shake thing anymore, haven't for a few years now.

Here's a typical meal for me now:

- 4 oz steak, I usually buy a nice 8 oz rib eye and cut it in half, then BBQ it for my GF and I
- big helping of grilled veggies, peppers, asparagus, etc.

Another one we like to do is 4 oz grilled chicken and a whole bunch of veggies. Lasagna soup is another recipe that I've lost a lot of weight on. It's ground beef, tomatoes, some veggies, and a small amount of whole wheat lasagna pasta broken up in the soup. Add just a little parm to the top for flavour and it's good to go!

I still think my moms vegetable beef soup is a magic food. There's tons of water, veggies, and then a little beef for proteins and fat, and a tiny bit of barley added in.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote