Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
baseline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah and booster juice shakes are decent too. But haven them too often and you'll end up with a kidney stone like me at 28 year old!!!

Uhhhh, what? Are you chewing powder to get your protein?!? lol If you mix your shakes enough it should dissolve and you end up with proteins (amino acids) and some flavouring in the milk/water, there's not much fibre in a protein powder methinks. Anyway, it's a moot point cause I don't do the shake thing anymore, haven't for a few years now.

Here's a typical meal for me now:

- 4 oz steak, I usually buy a nice 8 oz rib eye and cut it in half, then BBQ it for my GF and I
- big helping of grilled veggies, peppers, asparagus, etc.

Another one we like to do is 4 oz grilled chicken and a whole bunch of veggies. Lasagna soup is another recipe that I've lost a lot of weight on. It's ground beef, tomatoes, some veggies, and a small amount of whole wheat lasagna pasta broken up in the soup. Add just a little parm to the top for flavour and it's good to go!

I still think my moms vegetable beef soup is a magic food. There's tons of water, veggies, and then a little beef for proteins and fat, and a tiny bit of barley added in.
If you ever get a proetein shake again let it subside after you mix, parts fall to the floor which is similar to what it does in your organs. Also yes lol I have chewed on protein powder, if you mash up berries add a little milk and powder you can get a fluff sort of speak. I do this from time to time to get some sweets as protein powders have great flavors resembling sweets. My fav to do this with is Double fudge and strawberries.