Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Burton Bindings
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
I am looking at picking up some new bindings for next season as well.

They will be going on my proto and I have been looking at cartels and phantoms.

If the malativas have been beefed up they could be in the running too.
From what I've read, and I may be mistaken, they were 15% glass before, now they're 30% this year.

The 15% stuff I foudn in old posts on this forum. The 30% for 2013 I read on Wiredsport's blog

Quote:
And for those of you who aren’t ready for the awesomeness of the Malavita ESTŪ Bindings, Burton has provided a nice little backup in the form of the Malavita Re:Flex™ Bindings. Built with Re:Flex™ technology, the baseplates of the Malavita Re:Flex feature a Single-Component 30% Short Glass/Nylon composite baseplate with Re:Flex AutoCANT FullBED Cushioning System with B3 Gel. That may sound like a mouthful of tech but this minimized, cored baseplate effectively reduces the binding weight and increases board flex underfoot for more direct board control, natural stance positions, and less fatigue.
Burton Malavita Bindings 2013 Sneak Peek – evo blog

But doing some more searches it appears perhaps it was already 30% glass last year so there is no difference. that' what Evo.com is listin

http://www.evo.com/snowboard-binding...avita-est.aspx

Made of 30% Short-Glass/ Nylon Composite Spar and 30% Short-Glass/Nylon Composite Lower

Who fucking knows. Maybe I'll just buy it and muscle the Cobra fuck it, I ain't going off big cliffs or anything
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote