Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Music Moves
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i was just going to say something like this.

any jacket with ANY type of liner at all is NOT a technical shell.

if you buy a goretex proshell jacket with a liner you are wasting your money.

you really shouldn't buy anything from a snowboard company if you want bomber gear - buy from mountaineering companies - Arc'teryx is pretty much the best. Patagonia, Mt. Hardwear, others like that are good.

just don't buy anything with a liner. they're fucking stupid, pointless, heavy, sweaty, and wet. snowboarding gear sucks shit - its all made for little kids whose parents are too stupid to not buy them new gear every season.

Volcom used to be cool when i still used to buy little kids shit, they have had every opportunity to step up to big boy shit, and they continue to churn out kiddie garbage. Fuck Volcom.
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
^^Yup, I completely agree. Looking at technical outerwear from snowboard companies, Burton's AK stuff is ok, but doesn't compare to the mountaineering companies. I have been impressed with Oakley's PRS kits for Seth Morrison & Jake Blauvelt. Probably the best tech outerwear outside of said mountaineering companies.
Being from the PNW, I'm surprised you two didn't chime in about Homeschool. Granted it hasn't become a proven brand in terms of longevity, but you can't argue with the tech.
Music Moves is offline   Reply With Quote