Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Music Moves
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i was just going to say something like this.

any jacket with ANY type of liner at all is NOT a technical shell.

if you buy a goretex proshell jacket with a liner you are wasting your money.

you really shouldn't buy anything from a snowboard company if you want bomber gear - buy from mountaineering companies - Arc'teryx is pretty much the best. Patagonia, Mt. Hardwear, others like that are good.

just don't buy anything with a liner. they're fucking stupid, pointless, heavy, sweaty, and wet. snowboarding gear sucks shit - its all made for little kids whose parents are too stupid to not buy them new gear every season.

Volcom used to be cool when i still used to buy little kids shit, they have had every opportunity to step up to big boy shit, and they continue to churn out kiddie garbage. Fuck Volcom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
^^Yup, I completely agree. Looking at technical outerwear from snowboard companies, Burton's AK stuff is ok, but doesn't compare to the mountaineering companies. I have been impressed with Oakley's PRS kits for Seth Morrison & Jake Blauvelt. Probably the best tech outerwear outside of said mountaineering companies.
Being from the PNW, I'm surprised you two didn't chime in about Homeschool. Granted it hasn't become a proven brand in terms of longevity, but you can't argue with the tech.
Music Moves is offline   Reply With Quote