Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

not talking shit about these other companies like HS and Trew, or whoever else wants to at least look forward with outerwear design - these guys ARE on the right track.

i see these companies as kind of bridging the gap between resort riding and BC. i imagine lots of the kids that want to have something that will work as they start to get into the backcountry will get this kind of gear and be happy with it, because it IS better than anything with a liner... it just isn't as good as real mountaineering gear.

so if you just ride lifts, or are a grom who thinks they need to look "cool" (neon, patchwork, retarded) in the BC i think that stuff would work just fine - give em 5 years and if they strive to improve their product they could be great.

if you are about comfort and stability in real life or death survival situations, then get the shit that has been proven for 15+ years. you won't see any snowboards in their ads
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote