Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

honestly i just need shit to work so i don't have to think about comfort when i'm out there. i have had better luck with Patagonia's h2no than GT in waders, and i spend alot of time standing in the water - so that is what i wear.

i am a whore for Arc'teryx shells - i have tried most of the rest at some point or another and for me the bird is it. i feel as lightweight as a ninja but as armored as something out of Halo or some shit. i've had a pair of their pants last me over 300 days in the mountains, probably about the same for the jackets.

when it comes to other stuff like fleeces and gloves and underwear and other shit i get Patagonia or Marmot or Smartwool or whatever works best for me - and for me, for shells - i'm going Arc'teryx. When they start using cocona or eVent or unicorn farts in their jackets, I'll will use it because i believe that their standard for outerwear is pretty much as high as it gets. oh yes - i have drank the kool-aid
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote