Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What size is YOUR Agent?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  alf 
#1 ·
and what size are your feet? :confused:

I want an Agent. But my weightz iz 150, and mah feetz iz 11-12... the board its replacing is a 154, that has a 258mm waist width (its a mid-wide board). I want a board that's a154 and over 250mm waist, which is what the agent is... I'd consider the Machine, but it doesn't have all the same features as the agent, and I wanna make sure its nice 'n buttery soft like the agent.

but damnnit I want and Agent.

so i guess Im askin, is 250 wide enough? or is the Machine just as soft?

ok tankz.

G
#4 · (Edited)
I love the Agent, I just bought a 154 and tried it at Mt.Hood. My boots are Burton moto size 11, I wight 145lbs and I am 5'9 tall. The setup seems ok to me, I had a little of overhang but nothing to extreme, as long as you center your bindings to the point that the overhang is the same in front and back, you will not feel any problems with drag. Now I am not sure with a size 12 boots how it's going to work. I ride 14/-14, but I next season I am going down to 12/-12, my back knee is going to thank me for that.

The board is insane, it has amazing poop, it has nice flex and it's extremely stable at high speeds. I rode it in all conditions icy, sticky stuff, corn and some sort of untracked snow, not exactly powder but I guess you could call it that. The board floats very good specially if you move your stance a little backward.

I know a 154 is at my lower end of my range, but personally I enjoy shorter boards. Thats why I bought a 154 and not a 156. The boards handles excellent good and it's very forgiving, I only caught one edge in 3 days of riding at Hood and it was kind of a stupid edge.

What size are your boots 11 or 12? if they are 11, I say go for it, you wont regret it. for a 12 size you might wait for more input from other users.

P.S. match that the Agent with a pair of 390's and you have a dream set. That setup is so responsive and stable, I never rode anything like that before.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies, boys.

Yeah I want a short board, like 153 or 154, this is for park mostly, and learning to butter better :p ... I have a 157 Wide board, and that's about as big of a board as I want to handle... short, soft boards are WAY more fun.

The Slash will be great, but too long, imo. Thanks for the input on the machine, snowz, but I would like the board to be able to venture out of the park (not for insane speed runs, but for general cruising cuz i can't spend all day in the park)... and because I wanna cruise with it I don't want a lotta overhang.

My stance angles are 15/-9 so the overhang is quite the possibility, esp on my back foot. My boots are a size 12, but they're smaller on the outside than typical 12's, as in they fit in bindings like an 11 (low profile).

BLAST i hate needing special sizes :mad: and yeah, there'll be a set of gold 390's going on tha mofo :D:D:D

#11 ·
haha...

so whats a young man to do? email the bastids!;

Anna @ Rome SDS said:
Hey Krishan,

You're in luck! For the 2008-2009 season Rome is coming out with a Slash
154. It has a waist width of 257mm. You should see the 08/09 Slash hit
stores in Mid August.

Anna
Rome SDS
you heard it here FIRST peeps!

#13 ·
That's definitely good news. I'm another skinny big-foot -- 130lbs size 11 -- and I can tell you there are very few wide and mid-wide boards shorter than 155. One that I did notice is the neversummer Revolver: It comes in 153 with a 26cm waist. I don't know how it
performs though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.