Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on progressing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rorschach

Default Advice on progressing

Hello all!
I'm new to the forum, i've been reading a bit trying to find some advice that would fit me, but i haven't. Sorry if there's something out there but i've missed it.

I'm going snowboarding for the first time in about three years, last time i went i could go on red runs easily, could do a few ollies and go on some of the easy boxes in the park, i could also ride switch "ok" (not great). My main goal to this week i'll be enjoying in the snow would be to ride some powder and try to rotate 180s or 360s and maybe try some butters.
I'll be boarding for a week, so it's not too long... My main questions would be: should I focus on just one thing?
should i take a lesson to refresh the level i had?
i've been watching the snowprofessor videos on youtube and i think they're great... i was thinking on practicing like that for the first half of the day and then ride normally the rest...

I think i'll have to start over, since i didn't have a great level when i went last time, and maybe the goals i'm setting are too unrealistic.......?

any advice will be most welcome!

cheers!
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote