Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boardercross X Boards
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Do you mean step ins vs staps? Cause step ins are dead, no one makes them anymore.

If you mean hardboot vs softboot... depends on you. I think most riders nowadays need the little bit of give that softboots offer over hardboots cause they have to battle for the same lines. Hardboots don't allow for much wiggle room when it comes to body position vs where you board goes. Softboots let ya twist around a little more without it transferring to the board.

Look for camber, stiff, directional, deeper sidecuts, and carbon. I'd stay away from bumpy sidecuts, there's a reason they aren't used on BX specific boards. They cause extra drag, and with stiff camber and good technique you don't even need them. For Bindings, Raiden Machines, Ride El Hefe, or Flow NXT-FRX. That's what I'd look at. The Machines got too gnarly for even manly man Eero, he's been using Phantoms lately. El Hefe's are gnarly stiff and the canting will be nice to drive out of a turn. Flow's concept genuinely speeds up edge to edge and now with fully functional full ratchets you can get them as tight at you want every run.

Expect to pay $600-$800 on a board and $280-$400 on bindings, same for boots. This is one case boot stiffness will make a big difference, you need stiff. Make sure they stay comfortable though cause you do still have to ride in them a lot. Ride Insano's, Burton Driver X, Salomon Malamute, Flow Hylite, K2 Thraxis or UFO.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 07-30-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote