Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to fall
Thread: How to fall
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm View Post
I've been looking up how to fall correctly and a lot of sites/guides say that wrist injuries are very common. I've never had a problem with that since I always use my forearms to break the landing when falling forward.
I sprained both wrists learning to do a front 3 off a jump. Made the next few weeks of work bunches of fun! Lol.
Putting your hands out to catch yourself is a rather natural reaction when falling. Putting out your elbows will jam your shoulders instead of your wrists (altho putting your hands out with stiff arms will also, one of these are probably what happened to you). You need to retrain yourself on how you fall. You need to roll with your falls to lessen the blow and try not to stick body parts out to stop your momentum. Sometimes it's hard to controll with how fast everything is moving and the bigger/faster you go its going to hurt reguardless. Watching pro street skateboarders is an amazing show of how to fall properly. Skateboarders who wear pads tend to slide them instead. My cousin is a police officer and even they take a training course in falling propperly if they are thrown or pushed or whatever may happen to them.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote