Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fast-Food and Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Default Fast-Food and Homophobia

So, If you haven't heard, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy made a public statement about his opposition to same-sex marriage and ideals of running his business and America using "Christian Values".

I find this action pretty astounding considering Corporate America's reluctance to side with anything - should they anger a demographic and loose business.

Since then, there has been general outrage towards Chick-fil-A, but also a slew of supporters flocking to the fast-food restaurant chain in support of Christian ideological takeover.

Quote:
Throngs of people weighed in on the Chick-fil-A debate at stores across the United States on Wednesday, buying chicken sandwiches to show their support for the restaurant chain and its president's opposition to same-sex marriage.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee dubbed it "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day."
He called for a vocal response to the backlash against the fast food restaurants and their president.
Chick-fil-A restaurants become rallying points for supporters - CNN.com

Is it just me, or is this the most ridiculous, hilarious shit you have ever heard? I find it fairly interesting to see that people who would actually "defend" a fast-food chain would also be fundamentalist Christians...

You can put two and two together to see the demographic that consumes the most fast-food and suffers from the "obesity epidemic"...

The more I hear about shit like this the more I think this country is doomed and the closer I am to moving elsewhere...