Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feedback on turning
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
beall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Cat tracks are challenging for new riders. It takes being a lot more dynamic in your riding than most beginner riders are able to do with confidence. The short answer is a lot of very quick, short, open ended shallow turns where you keep the board pointed down the trail all of the time. AT the apex of each shallow turn, kick the tail out toward the sides of the trail to throw snow to the sides. This is a quick braking maneuver that will bleed off speed without steering across the trail.

Here is a tutorial video that I created covering that exact issue. Take a look and afterward, if you have more questions we can take them from the top and work through them.

Other tutorial videos that you guys might find useful are in this thread that is pinned at the top of this subforum....

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...ons-video.html
Thanks for the link Snowolf,

I will defintely check it out as I have seem some of your videos before and they are very helpful. Would be good if they comes in a higher res.
beall is offline   Reply With Quote